Your Future – Take What You Are Given or Design What You Want
Are you looking for an insightful, inspiring and interactive facilitator or MC, mentor or speaker?
You would have heard from speakers that focus on themselves, are off message, boring and not inspiring. Perhaps you have worked with coaches and mentors that 'tell' you what to do rather than listen &/or they might add a heap of things you should do to your 'to-do' list and it all becomes too overwhelming.
Instead when you are involved, learning from stories and examples that you can apply immediately, and can tap into hands-on intelligent and imaginative ideas, you will achieve your goals, turn your dreams into reality, and delight your conference, forum, masterclass or professional development audience.
EDUCATOR AND ENTREPRENEUR
Described as an inspiration by her colleagues, Wendy works across Education and Training including VET/Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET), Employment and Entrepreneurship, 21st Century Capabilities and Future Jobs, Workforce Planning and Development for Employers and Industry, Regions and Countries.
Leadership of an innovative and experienced team providing:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation - Coaching and mentoring entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, ecosystem leaders and startups; Future jobs; Immersive experiences; New discovery technologies; 21st Century Capabilities
- Workforce Planning and Development – Capability and professional development; Tools and resources; Project management and skills needs analysis.
- Vocational Education and Training - Action research and change management; Business analysis and program design; Facilitation and professional development; Reform, policy and funding advice; Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET)/VET International
Presentations and projects with United Nations, UNESCO-UNEVOC, OECD, Australian and overseas governments means that Wendy has a local, national and global perspective with a mission of #givefirst. Motivating, encouraging and organising educational opportunities for entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and innovators, Wendy is a ‘go-to’ person in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, open and invitational in her approach, encouraging ‘what next’ and leads entrepreneurs to tools, networks and resources for you to take the next step.
Edupreneur of the Year in VET 2015, she shares action research and insights into reforms, policy, industry trends and emerging capability areas.
EXPLORER AND INNOVATOR
One of the world’s leaders in her field, Wendy has developed, designed and implemented systems for workforce planning and development, entrepreneurship and education throughout her career, working across all Australian states and territories, and international connections in Africa, Bhutan, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and the USA.
In August 2018 presenting at a UNESCO-UNEVOC Forum in Bangkok, Thailand on Entrepreneurial Education in Australia was a privilege and in November at the 2018 East Asia Pacific (EAP) Workshop jointly organised by Ministry of Education of Korea and KRIVET on the issue of 'Entrepreneurship through TVET in the 4th Industrial Revolution' November 8~9 in Seoul, South Korea. This involved benchmarking approaches against Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
Presenting on VET and Entrepreneurship at the UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme 2017 in Bonn, Germany in September 2017, Wendy worked with leaders from Armenia, Australia, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador, Fiji, Germany, Ghana, India, Kenya, Korea, Malta, Mongolia, Qatar, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Seychelles, Spain, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, and Zambia. Action research for UNESCO includes The 4th Industrial Revolution and The Relevance of Entrepreneurship Education identifying Entrepreneurial Education initiatives across Australia alongside Iran, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, Korea, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam.
Numerous papers, toolkits, reports, blogs and resources have been published on changes to careers and jobs, skills and work, workforce planning, workforce development, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Vocational Education and Training, Knowledge Management, Applying Research and Information.
MENTOR AND SPEAKER
Working alongside Startups & Side Hustles, those who are Self Employed & Sub Contractors, Small Businesses, Scaleups and Standouts through Switch Start Scale:
- Promoting and encouraging entrepreneurship among all individuals by providing information and advice about entrepreneurship and starting and running a business to clients, community organisations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Providing tailored mentoring and assistance to individuals. This includes facilitating interactive engagements to provide information and advice (such as workshops and networking events) and providing mentoring assistance and advice.
- Linking and referring individuals to appropriate services that will help them start and run their own business, including New Business Assistance with NEIS.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with key stakeholders
Wendy was a 2017 finalist in the open category for the Women in Innovation awards for her work and mentorship around the world.
A regular chair and MC, professional presenter and speaker, Wendy has spoken at Australian, OECD workshops, international conferences around the world and UNESCO UNEVOC, addressing key topics such as:
- Workforce Planning and Development
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) and TVET
- International Capability and Capacity Development
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation